- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Turnovers Recipe Video
|Apples||200 Gram, peeled, cored and chopped|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Caster sugar||75 Gram, divided|
|Puff pastries||200 Gram|
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.7 mg
Sodium 147 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, add in the butter, apple and water. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
3. Season with cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 tsp. of caster sugar and stir until apple is cooked.
4. On kitchen counter spread the pastry sheet and cut into 4 squares. Stuff the sheet with cooled apple and sprinkle some caster sugar over it. Wet the edges with water and seal the pastry making a triangle. Prick the top with a fork to release the steam.
5. In a jar, mix together egg and milk. Brush the pastry with egg wash and sprinkle remaining sugar over it.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve apple turnover with tea or coffee.