- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Tart Tart Aux Pommes Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|Plain yogurt||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain unflavored yogurt||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1 Small, pared|
|Apple||1 Small, pared, cored and thinly sliced|
|Nutmeg||1 Dash, ground|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Dash|
|Apricot spread||2 Teaspoon|
|Low calorie apricot spread||2 Teaspoon (16 Calories Per 2 Teaspoons)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 132.7 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 3% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) In a small bowl, mix the flour and salt together.
3) Cut in the margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) Add the yogurt and mix thoroughly to form a dough.
5) Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in a plastic wrap or wax paper and allow to chill for at least 1 hour.
6) Roll the dough between 2 sheets of wax paper in a 4 1/2-inch circle, about 1/8 inch thick.
7)On a foil or a small cookie sheet, gently remove the wax paper and place the dough circle.
8) Arrange the apple slices nicely over the dough and sprinkle evenly with the nutmeg and cinnamon.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the crust is golden.
10) In a small metal measuring cup or a small flameproof container, heat the apricot spread and brush over the tart when done.
11) Serve immediately on a serving plate.