- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Streusel Tart Recipe
|Tart eating apples||6 Large|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated (Of 1 Lemon)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, softened|
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 153.5 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 40.6 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 365.7%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Peel the apples, core apples
3. Slice lengthwise into eights.
4. Toss slices immediately in lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
5. Neatly arrange the apples slices in the unbaked pie shell, slightly overlapping them
6. Sprinkle sugar and spices over apples.
In a bowl, combine ingredients for topping
7. Rub the mixture with your fingertips until it resembles crumbs.
8. Cover the apples with the topping mixture.
9. Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
10. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 30 minutes until the apples are tender and topping is golden.
11. Cut the tart into wedges and serve warm
12. Accompany with ice-cream or custard sauce if you like.