- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Squares Recipe
|Apples||4 , coarsely shredded|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cold, cooked|
|Unbleached flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole-wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||16 Cup (256 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 2110 Calories from Fat 954
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g94%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.2 mg
Sodium 2215.7 mg92.3%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 58.1 g
Protein 119 g237.3%
Vitamin A 44.9% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 104.1% Iron 121.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Press the apple with a spoon to extract excess liquid and pass it through a strainer; set the apples aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine together the rice, unbleached flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, raisins and cinnamon.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the egg substitute, maple syrup, and vanilla.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients over the flour mixture.
6. Add the apples and mix well.
7. Coat a 9 X 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
8. Spread the apple mixture evenly in the pan.
9. Bake at 325°F for 40 to 45 minutes.
10. Serve hot or cold as past of the menu.