- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Sorbet Recipe
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Soft light brown sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Lemon rind strip||1 (Thin Strip)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh root ginger||1 Small, peeled|
|Cooking apples||1 Pound, peeled, cored and sliced (500 Gram)|
|Herb leaves||1 Teaspoon (Small Leaves Such As Lemon Geranium, To Decorate)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 624 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.22 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 115.3 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45.1%
Dietary Fiber 13 g51.9%
Sugars 107.4 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 86%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, combine the sugar, wine, lemon rind and juice and ginger, stir over a low heat to dissolve the sugar. Then allow to boil on a high heat.
2) Add and poach the apple slices for 8-10 minutes until soften, turn off the heat and allow to cool.
3) In a food processor or liquidizer, puree the fruit and discard the lemon rind and ginger. In a freezer container, pour the mixture and then cover and freeze for an hour.
4) Stiffly beat the egg whites, remove the frozen mixture into a chilled bowl, then beat and fold in the egg whites.
5) Freeze the mixture for another 3 to 4 hours, until set.
6) Slightly soften the sorbet, scoop out, garnish with a few herb leaves and serve immediately.