- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Shortbread Crumble Recipe
|Apples||2 (Sharp Flavored)|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce|
|For shortbread crumble|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.7 mg
Sodium 3.8 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 37.3 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 355 degrees.
2) Peel the apples, core them and cut into slices.
3) In a saucepan, add the apple slices, water and butter, cover and gently cook, occasionally stirring, till the apples have tendered. Add the sugar and stir again.
3) Into the base of a 1-pint baking or pie dish, spoon the mixture. Set aside and allow to cool.
4) While the mixture is cooling, prepare the topping. Into a basin, sift the flour and rub in the margarine or butter. Add the sugar and continue rubbing till the mixture starts to cling together in small lumps.
5) Spoon the mixture all over the apples. Lightly pack down and place the dish in the center of the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
6) Serve hot with either cream or ice cream.