- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Sauce Irish Soda Bread Recipe
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Mott'S Natural)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2079 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.6 mg
Sodium 4717.9 mg196.6%
Total Carbohydrates 408 g135.9%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 88.7 g
Protein 43 g85.6%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 107%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. In small bowl, combine buttermilk, apple sauce and margarine.
4. Add apple sauce mixture to flour mixture; stir until mixture forms a ball.
5. Turn out dough onto well-floured surface; knead raisins into dough. Pat into 7-inch round.
6. Place dough in prepared pan. Cut cross in top of dough, 1/4 inch deep, with tip of sharp knife. Brush top of dough with milk.
7. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; turn right side up. Cool completely. Cut into 16 wedges.