- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Raspberry Brown Betty Recipe
|Unsweetened apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple jelly/Currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apples||20 Ounce, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced|
|Currants||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Frozen raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Rolled oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 112.7 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44.2%
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 23.1%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly grease an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
2. Heat a saucepan, nicely blend together apple juice, apple jelly and cornstarch.
3. Add apple slices and cook over moderate heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly and allow to cool. Fold the currants into the mixture .
4. Pour this mixture into the baking dish and layer raspberries on top.
5. In a bowl, mix oats, bread crumbs, brown sugar, melted butter and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle this mix over the apple mixture in the baking dish.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 250 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes until crisp.
7. Serve hot.