- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Raisin Crunch Pudding Recipe
|White bread slices||6|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Seedless raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.6 mg41.9%
Sodium 244.5 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 45.9 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) Lightly toast the bread and cut it into ½-inch cubes. Place in a greased 6-cup baking dish.
3) In a medium-sized saucepan, slowly heat the milk with the margarine or butter till it has melted.
4) Pour the mixture over the breadcrumbs and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
5) In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs till they are thick. Add the apple, granulated sugar, raisins, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Stir well and pour all over the bread mixture and then fold in. Sprinkle the brown sugar all over.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or till the apples are soft.
7) Serve warm after spooning into dessert dishes. Cream, whipped cream or ice cream can be served on the side.