- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Pie With Orange Juice Recipe
|Cooking apples||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Orange||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Raisins||6 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream/Cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg
Sodium 8.5 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.6%
Sugars 57.2 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 53.8%
Calcium 5% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the apple and core properly. Make thick slices.
2) In a bowl, add water and lemon juice. Place the apple slices into the water to preserve their color.
3) Use a deep 9-inch pie dish to line with pastry, using your own favorite recipe.
4) In a bowl, combine sugars, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Take little of this mixture to rub into pastry shell.
5) Add grated rinds to remaining sugar mixture.
6) Arrange the sliced apples at the bottom of the pastry shell.
7) Sprinkle few raisins and some of the sugar mixture.
8) Repeat layers until pie shell is filled.
9) Sprinkle orange juice on top, add butter dots and place the top crust over apples, pressing the edges together or fluting them.
10) Decorate pastry; cut slits in top crust to release steam.
11) Place the pie dish inside oven to bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is tender and pastry is golden brown.
12) Serve warm, with cream or cheddar cheese.