- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Pie Bread- How to Make Soft, Moist Homemade Apple Pie Bread Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), packed|
|Eggs||1 Medium, lightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Apples||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|For crumb topping|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cloves powder||1 Pinch|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.5 mg
Sodium 242.8 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 43.3 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease a bread pan or deep baking dish with butter. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix, butter, buttermilk, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk them well to combine.
4. In another bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix well to form a thick batter.
6. Put the apples and mix well.
7. CRUMB TOPPING: In a bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, brown sugar and butter. Using a fork or hands, mix them to crumb consistency.
8. Take the greased pan and pour the bread batter into it. Spread evenly.
9. Put the crumb topping and sprinkle generously to cover the batter.
10. Place it in the oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
11. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
12. In a serving plate, slice the bread and serve it as dessert with ice cream or as it is.