- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crisco Pie Crust Apple Pie Recipe
|Pastry||1 (Crisco, For 2 Crust Pie)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1515 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 71.8 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 321 g107.1%
Dietary Fiber 27.1 g108.2%
Sugars 253.6 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 69.3%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) With the pastry, line a pie plate of 9-inches.
3) Pare, core and slice the apple.
4) Place them in the pastry lined pie plate.
5) Combine together the flour, sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture all over the apples. Dot with the butter.
6) Over the apples, place the top crust and cut slits so that the steam can escape. Seal the edges.
7) Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, till the apples are soft and the crust is golden brown in color.
8) Transfer the still hot Apple Pie to a decorative serving platter, slice into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature. Makes an excellent dessert and goes really well with whipped cream.