- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Pie Recipe Video
|Pastry doughs||2 Medium|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), granulated|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking apples||8 Medium, peeled, cored, and sliced (granny smith’s)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
Calories 1491 Calories from Fat 677
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.4%
Saturated Fat 40.4 g202.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.5 mg55.8%
Sodium 482.3 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 205 g68.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.2%
Sugars 130 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, sugars, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon then mix well.
3. Set 1 pastry dough on a round cake or pie pan then put-in the apple mixture and arrange.
4. Distribute butter on top of the apple mixture.
5. Cover with the second pie crust then seal the edges.
6. Slit pie and with the help of a brush spread egg mixture over it.
7. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 40 to 45 minutes.
8. Remove pie from the oven and serve.