- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Quick oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Demerara sugar/Dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened apple sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Apple||3 Medium, peeled and diced into small pieces|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.7%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 329.4 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.5%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, grease muffin tin/s and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Add the oil, soy milk and applesauce, mix well and stir in the diced apples.
4. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin and then cool completely on wire racks.
7. Serve over breakfast or tea with icing or topping if desired.