- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
|Vegetable cooking oil spray||1|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple||1 Large, peeled, cored and diced|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.85 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.5 mg
Sodium 124 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Lightly grease ten 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with the vegetable oil or cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, sift the all-purpose flour together with baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir in the whole-wheat flour, 2 tablespoons rolled oats and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
4. In a small bowl or measuring jar, combine and whisk the yogurt, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
5. Add liquid to the dry ingredients and whisk quickly until just mixed.
6. In a small bowl, mix the remaining sugar with the apple, cinnamon, and raisins and gently fold into the batter.
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups filling them 3/4th full.
8. Sprinkle the remaining oats on top.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until muffins are spongy to touch and leave the sides of the cup. Insert a skewer in the center on a muffin to check if it comes out clean and dry.
10. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before inverting onto a wire rack.
11. Serve the muffins warm with tea or coffee, enjoy them for breakfast or a healthy snack.