- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Oatmeal Bars: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Our||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped apple||1 Pound (cut into chunks)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2868 Calories from Fat 1108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g194.8%
Saturated Fat 75 g375.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 306.4 mg
Sodium 365.6 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 429 g143.1%
Dietary Fiber 28.7 g114.6%
Sugars 231.4 g
Protein 34 g67.1%
Vitamin A 76.4% Vitamin C 56.4%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 53.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a large saucepan place the chopped apples, sugar & water. Place lid on pan and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
2. Turn heat down to medium and cook 18 minutes more, until apples start breaking up. Stir apples occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and break up apples with wooden spoon or potato masher.
4. Stir in butter, cinnamon & lemon zest. Spoon applesauce into bowl and let cool.
To make Bar Cookies:
5. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray an 8x8" or 9x9" pan with baking spray; make a sleeve with parchment paper and spray again. Set aside.
6. In a mixer combine together the ﬂour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda.
7. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until you get coarse crumbs. Then use your hands to press the butter and ﬂour mixture together, making large crumbs.
8. Measure out 3/4 cup of this mixture and set aside.
9. Press the rest of the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Spoon on 1-1/2 cups of the apple filling and sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top.
10. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
11. Run a knife on sides without parchment, then using parchment sleeve, lift bar cookies out of pan; let cool on rack. Cut into squares.
12. Serve with your favorite beverages and enjoy!