- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Nut Cookies Recipe
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4453 Calories from Fat 1828
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 209 g322.1%
Saturated Fat 46.4 g232%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 2206.8 mg92%
Total Carbohydrates 596 g198.7%
Dietary Fiber 38.2 g152.8%
Sugars 275.2 g
Protein 74 g148.2%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 87.9% Iron 144.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) In a bowl cream the shortening and sugar using electric mixer till the mixture turns light and fluffy. Ensure that sugar gets completely dissolved.
3) Add egg and water to this mixture and beat them lightly.
4) Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, soda , salt and nutmeg to this mixture and blend it well using a electric mixer.
5) Add apple, raisins, walnuts and oats to this mixture and combine well.
6) Portion out the batter on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 10-12 minutes.
7) Serve Apple Nut cookies with coffee.