- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Maple Syrup Recipe
|Apple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 4.2 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.24%
Sugars 57.1 g
Protein 0.03 g0.07%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add water to spiced apple syrup to equal 2/3 cup.
2. In saucepan, combine the liquid with sugar and cornstarch.
3. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
4. Place pan over low flame and stir continuously until the syrup is thick and come to a boil
5. Stir in butter and maple syrup.
6. Serve syrup with waffle, pancakes or French toast.
7. You can also use the sauce to glaze cakes and pies.