- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Loaf Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), unpeeled and coarsely shredded|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3102 Calories from Fat 1188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.2%
Saturated Fat 64.4 g322%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg
Sodium 2208.8 mg92%
Total Carbohydrates 433 g144.5%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.5%
Sugars 228.2 g
Protein 48 g95.2%
Vitamin A 68.8% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 55.2% Iron 87.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Keep a baking sheet ready, greased and dusted.
2) In a bowl, put butter, sugar and 1 egg.
3) Beat the mixture until smooth.
4) Add second egg and beat well.
5) In the mixture add vanilla.
6) On a fairly coarse grater, shred apple.
7) Mix thoroughly.
8) In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nuts together.
9) Pour the dry mixture into batter.
10) Stir only until moistened.
11) Scrape the loaf mixture into loaf pan.
12) Bake at 350°F (180°C) in oven for 50-60 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
13) Let stand the loaf for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
14) Place on a rack to cool.
15) Serve the loaf cut into thin slicer or allow the guests to help themselves by cutting the slices from whole loaf.