- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Kringle Recipe
|Active dry yeast||3 1⁄2 Gram (1/2 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105 To 115 Degree F)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For apple filling|
|Cooking apples||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Rome Beauty / Other Variety)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2830 Calories from Fat 764
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.7%
Saturated Fat 51.2 g256.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 419.3 mg
Sodium 154.1 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 480 g160%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83.3%
Sugars 263.8 g
Protein 40 g80.7%
Vitamin A 58.5% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 79.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Take a small bowl with warm water, dissolve yeast and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes for yeast to become bubbly.
3. Scald a mixture of butter, sugar and milk in a small saucepan kept on medium heat. Take off from heat and allow to become lukewarm.
4. Take a large electric mixer bowl with dough hook, add milk mixture, yeast mixture and egg and beat till dough becomes soft. Shape into a ball, transfer toa bowl, cover firmly and keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.
5. Take the saucepan, add apples, cinnamon, water, butter and mace, allow the mixture to come to boil, lower the heat to medium to low. Simmer, stirring intermittently, for 15 minutes to turn tender.
6. Pass the mixture through a food processor with steel blade or blender to form a smooth puree. Keep aside.
7. Roll out the dough, taken out from the refrigerator, on a lightly floured board into a 15 X 8 inch rectangle.
8. Place apple filling the mid of the rectangle. Fold lengthwise over the filling, with filling overlapping at every 1 inch. Press edges tightly to seal.
9. Take a nonstick baking sheet, grease mildly. With a spatula, place the filled dough on it and bake for 20 minutes.
10. Take a bowl, sift in sugar. Add vanilla and milk and beat well.
11. Transfer kringle to a serving dish and top with icing while warm.
12. Cut into strips of 2 inches, crosswise.
13. Serve warm.