- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Hazelnut Oatmeal Recipe Video
|Coconut oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1 , cut into ¼ inch cubes|
|Hazelnut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Organic whey||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.1%
Saturated Fat 30 g150%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.22 mg
Sodium 28.4 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a heavy medium sauce pan over medium heat and add coconut oil.
2. Add chopped apples and sauté for 7 minutes until soft.
3. Stir in hazelnuts and sauté for 3 more minutes until toasted.
4. Add in rolled oats, milk, and cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and flax seeds. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes until oatmeal reaches desired thickness, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
6. If eating right away and oatmeal is hot, spoon into bowl, add a little milk or water and stir to cool. Add manufacturer’s suggested serving of whey to oatmeal, stir to combine and enjoy.
You don’t want to add organic whey to overly hot oatmeal, it may cause it to lump or sour.