- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese & Fruit Stuffed Chicken in Cider Sauce paired with Kim Crawford Sauvignon Recipe Video
|Granny smith apples||2 Medium, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce|
|Chicken breasts||3 Medium|
|Dried cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
Calories 880 Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.1%
Saturated Fat 23.4 g116.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.4 mg
Sodium 495.8 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 53.4 g
Protein 52 g103.7%
Vitamin A 36.7% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 34.5% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Core, peel and slice the apples thin.
2. Place a cellophane sheet on your kitchen counter, place the chicken on it and cover with another cellophane sheet. Pound gently on the chicken until it is half an inch thick.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a skillet, add an ounce of butter and brown the sliced apples.
5. Season the pounded chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Add the browned apples, goat cheese and dried cranberries and roll the chicken.
7. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
8. Heat a skillet with olive oil and brown the chicken on all sides.
9. Pop into the oven for 8-12 minutes. Once the chicken is done, set aside.
10. Deglaze the same chicken pan with some apple cider vinegar.
11. Next, add the apple cider, chicken stock, fresh thyme and reduce to 1/3rd the quantity.
12. Finish with an ounce of butter and salt and pepper.
13. Pour the sauce into a plate. Slice the chicken into half and place on the plate. Garnish with a lemon stuffed with fresh thyme.