- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Fritters Recipe Video
|Apple||1 Pound, cored|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh grated ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon, sifted|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 54.2 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In food processor, put cored, sliced apple, and sprinkle lime juice to avoid browning. Chop finely.
2. In a large mixing bowl, drop chopped apple, throw egg, sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and lemon zest. Mix well.
3. Place a skillet over medium high heat for about a minute, pour 2 tablespoon oil, and spoon apple batter in it.
4. Fry fritters for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Do not over crowd pan. Add oil between batches.
5. Sprinkle icing sugar on top of fritters.
6. Serve fritters as a snack or pair them with ice cream for a yummy dessert.
Add sugar depending on your taste.
You may also serve fritter with whipped cream, or maple syrup.