- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Fritters Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||8 Ounce (1 1/2 cups)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce (1/3 cup)|
|Egg||1 Large (2 ounce)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Ounce (1 ½ tablespoons at room temperature)|
|Baking powder||5 Gram (1 teaspoon)|
|Whole milk||9 Ounce (about 1 cup)|
|Apple||3 Large, unpeeled|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Fennel seeds||2 Teaspoon, finely ground|
|Cinnamon sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed, 1 cup of sugar : 1 to 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon) (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3340 Calories from Fat 765
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.8%
Saturated Fat 50.6 g252.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 419.9 mg
Sodium 595.8 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 553 g184.3%
Dietary Fiber 24.5 g98%
Sugars 134.1 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 59.3% Vitamin C 49.5%
Calcium 89.4% Iron 81.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel and slice the apples.
2) In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, ground fennel together.
3) Rub the butter into the flour, similar to making pie dough.
4) In another bowl, whisk the whole egg, whole milk, and granulated sugar together.
5) Whisk together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until it forms a batter. Adjust the thickness of the batter with more milk if desired. Allow to sit at room temperature for one hour (or refrigerated over night).
6) In a deep pot, heat the canola oil over medium-‐high heat until it reaches 360 degrees F.
7) Dip the apple slices in batter then fry them in the heated oil. Allow the oil to reach 360 degrees F between batches each time.
8) If using cinnamon sugar mixture, toss in the mixture immediately before draining so the mixture will stick.
9) Drain the apple fritters on paper towels and serve hot.
Use small batches of cinnamon sugar as the oil will ruin the sugar quickly.