- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Dumplings Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chilled|
|Water||8 Tablespoon, cold (As Required)|
|Apples||6 Small, peeled and cored|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maple syrup/Maple blended syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, softened|
|Sifted confectioners sugar/Brown / maple sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 829 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.2%
Trans Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 43.4 mg
Sodium 172.9 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 75.4 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 5% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) In a bowl, combine the flour and salt, cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3) Gradually sprinkle with water, mix lightly until moistened and shape the mixture into a ball.
4) Roll out on a lightly floured surface into 18x12-inch rectangle.
5) Cut into six 6-inch squares and top each square with an apple.
6) In a bowl, mix the 2/3 cup sugar and cream together, then spoon into the centers of apples.
7) Moisten the pastry edges, fold corners to center and pinch edges together.
8) In an ungreased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking pan, place the dumplings 1 inch apart
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350°F.
10) Baste the apples with hot maple syrup, return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until the apples are done, basting at an interval of 15 minutes.
11) Serve the Apple Dumplings with additional hot maple syrup.