- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Walnuts Dumplings Recipe
|Pastry||1 (For A 2-Crust 9-Inch Pie)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Broken pecans/Broken walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tart apples||6 Medium|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3053 Calories from Fat 904
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g160.9%
Saturated Fat 36.7 g183.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg
Sodium 77.4 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 520 g173.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.6%
Sugars 450.9 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 2475.4%
Calcium 73.1% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat oven to hot (425° F).
2) Roll out pastry and cut out 6 squares having 7 inches dimension.
3) In a bowl, add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, pineapple juice and butter or margarine.
4) Place over heat, to cook for 5 minutes.
5) Fold in nuts after removing from heat.
6) Core the apples after peeling.
7) In a bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
8) On each pastry square place an apple and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture on top and also fill the core.
9) Place bits of butter to dot.
10) Fold the pastry sheet over the apple and overlap the ends. Moist with water and press together.
11) Use an oblong baking dish, to carefully place the apples.
12) Pour in hot syrup around the dumplings, but not over the dumplings.
13) Place inside oven to bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
14) Serve the dumplings with additional hot syrup.