- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple, Date and Ginger Chutney Recipe Video
|Cooking apple||4 Kilogram|
|Apple cider vinegar||750 Milliliter|
|Dried stoned dates||500 Gram, cut into quartes|
|Fresh ginger||100 Gram|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8343 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2021.4 mg84.2%
Total Carbohydrates 2127 g709.1%
Dietary Fiber 126.4 g505.4%
Sugars 1783.9 g
Protein 31 g62.4%
Vitamin A 43.8% Vitamin C 336.2%
Calcium 43.2% Iron 53.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Core, peel, cut the apples in half and slice thinly.
2. Peel the ginger, and grate it coarsely.
3. In a large pot, pour the apple cider vinegar with sliced apples and garlic.
4. Stir the apple well and allow to simmer and cook it for 25 minutes more or until apple is mushy.
5. Add sugar, sultanas, dates, salt, all spice and ginger, stir well to mix.
6. Allow the apple mixture to simmer for 30 minutes more, stirring occasionally or until it turns dark and thick.
7. Turn the heat off.
8. In a sterilized jar, spoon the hot chutney, wipe the threads of the jar, secure tightly using sterilized lid and allow to cool.
9. Serve the Apple, Date and Ginger chutney as desired.