- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Crumb Pie Recipe
|Tart apples||6 , peeled, cored and sliced|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Firmly Packed)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 629 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.7%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.9 mg
Sodium 235.9 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 351.5%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F
2) Take a clean mixing bowl and combine salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, butter and apples.
3) Place this mixture in the unbaked 9 inch i.e. shell.
4) In a separate bowl mix flour and brown sugar. Whip butter in and add nuts.
5) Drizzle the flour mixture evenly over the apples in the pie shell.
6) Place the pie shell in the preheated oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
7) Allow the pie to cool down and serve as desired.