- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Crumb Cake Recipe
|Tart apple||5 Cup (80 tbs), thinly sliced (peeled, 9 medium)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2104 Calories from Fat 807
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.3%
Saturated Fat 57.9 g289.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg
Sodium 14.4 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 313 g104.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.4 g93.6%
Sugars 244.7 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 56.6% Vitamin C 2648.1%
Calcium 77.1% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix the apples, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and the cinnamon together.
3. With a pastry blender, mix the remaining sugar, flour, and the butter to make crumbs.
4. Press half the crumbs on bottom of 9-inch springform pan and 3/4-inch up sides. Reserve the remaining crumbs. Spoon apples into pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes longer, or until the apples are tender.
6. Cool cake to room temperature, then remove the sides of the pan.