- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Apple Crisp Dessert Recipe Video
|Macintosh apples||5 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Oatmeal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flax meal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|Spelt flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jaggery/Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted coconut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.2 mg
Sodium 10.1 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 30.4 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a baking pan lay the thinly sliced apples.
3. In a large bowl add the oatmeal, flax meal, almond meal, spelt flour and jaggery. Combine well using a spoon. Add some grated ginger and continue to mix well.
4. Add 1/2 cup each of melted butter and coconut oil. Blend well to form a rough dough.
5. Spread this mixture evenly over the apple slices on the baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 45 minutes.
6. Serve warm or chilled.