- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Apple Crisp Recipe Video
|For the topping|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Cup (48 tbs), chilled (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|For apple crust|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Apples||6 Medium, peeled, cored, sliced thin|
Calories 1210 Calories from Fat 675
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.8%
Saturated Fat 44.3 g221.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.4 mg
Sodium 11.2 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 111.9 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 5% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Blend 1 1/2 cups flour and brown sugar together in medium bowl.
3. Add butter; blend in with fingers until moist clumps form.
4. Mix in walnuts; cover topping and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl and blend it well.
6. Mix in apples to form filling mixture.
7. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
8. Add filling mixture followed by topping and bake until apples are tender and top is golden, for about 1 hour. 9. Let it rest for 8-10 minutes before serving.
10. Serve the Apple Crisp warm. You could serve it with an ice-cream of your choice.