- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Creme Brulee Recipe Video
|Ontario apple||4 Medium, peeled, cored, and chopped|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 cup + 1/2 cup for custard)|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, ground|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Egg yolks||4 (for custard)|
|35% whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for custard)|
|Vanilla||1 Tablespoon (for custard)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted (for custard)|
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 17 g85.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.7 mg
Sodium 8.7 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 36.3 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy-bottom saucepan, add apples, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and lemon rind. Place it on medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
2. Remove the pan from heat. Pour the mixture into 6 ramekins.
3. Place ramekins in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
4. For custard, in a medium bowl put egg yolks and sugar. Whisk until light yellow.
5. In the same apple saucepan, pour cream, place it on oven and heat until just before boiling.
6. Pour the warm cream in yolk mixture very slowly to avoid yolks from curdling, whisking constantly.
7. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan, place it on heat and cook over medium, stirring continuously for about 20 minutes or until thickened.
8. Remove the pan from heat, strain it into a bowl, and add vanilla to it. Mix.
9. Portion the mixture into ramekins with apple. Place it in refrigerator overnight.
10. One hour before serving, sprinkle brown sugar on top of custard and caramelize it with a hand torch or under broiler.
11. Serve apple crème brulee immediately.