- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cobbler Recipe
|Cooking apples||5 , slices (Peeled, Cored)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 0.19 mg0.06%
Sodium 121.4 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 46.8 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a 9-inch baking dish, place the apple slices.
3) In a bowl, combine the 3/4 cup of sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Mix well.
4) Sprinkle this mixture over the apple slices, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven once cooked. Keep aside.
5) Meanwhile, into a bowl, sift together the flour and the baking powder.
6) Using a knife or blender, cut in the margarine.
7) Gradually add the milk to this.
8) Make the dough into a ball.
9) Onto a floured board, turn the dough and pat to 1/3-inch thickness.
10) Place the dough on top of the apples and cut slits, as required.
11) Increase the heat to 450Â°F and bake the cobbler for 20 minutes.
12) In a pan, boil 1/4 cup of sugar and the water.
13) Pour this mix over the cobbler.
14) Continue baking for 10 minutes longer.
15) Cool for a while, slice and serve in decorative dishes.