- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes Recipe
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Chopped dried apples||2 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, melted and cooled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2574 Calories from Fat 748
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131.1%
Saturated Fat 44.5 g222.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 591 mg
Sodium 1656.4 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 400 g133.4%
Dietary Fiber 25.3 g101%
Sugars 190.8 g
Protein 59 g118.1%
Vitamin A 48.6% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 89.6% Iron 93.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Line 12 muffin tin cups with paper liners; set aside.
5. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. In a medium-size bowl stir together the oats, buttermilk and yogurt.
5. In a large bowl stir together the eggs, apples, sugar and butter, then add the buttermilk mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the dry ingredients just until incorporated and divide the batter among the muffin tin cups.
6. Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.