- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cider Stew Recipe
|Cubed beef||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Apple cider||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned green beans||16 Ounce, cut and drained (1 Can)|
|Canned potatoes||16 Ounce, sliced and drained (1 Can)|
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg
Sodium 1392.4 mg58%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 35 g69.6%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 37%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a casserole dish, combine beef, 1 cup cider, onion, catsup, salt, bay leaf, pepper and thyme. Mix well.
2) Cook covered on high power for 10 to 12 minutes.
3) Cook again, uncovered, on low power for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until the beef turns tender, stirring as required.
4) Add the flour combined with remaining cider, beans and potatoes.
5) Cook on high power for 5 to 7 minutes or until the stew is thickened, stirring occasionally.
6) Serve hot with a slice of fresh, crusty bread.