- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sobeys Apple Cider and Cheddar Cheese Tartlets Recipe Video
|Butter||2 Teaspoon (unsalted butter)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed (divided)|
|Apple||2 Large (Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely diced)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, large (divided)|
|Apple cider||4 Cup (64 tbs) (sweet)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Puff pastry||1⁄2 Package|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (mild)|
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 94.2 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 5% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
3) Add 2 tablespoons sugar and stir until smooth.
4) Then add the apple and cook on medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes until the pieces are slightly softened but still hold their shape.
5) Stir in 1⁄8 teaspoon of cinnamon. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
6) In the same saucepan, add apple cider, cider vinegar, remaining sugar and cinnamon and heat on medium until the sugar dissolves.
7) Lower the heat and simmer for about 25 minutes until the cider mixture is syrupy and reduced to about 3⁄4 cup (175 ml).
8) Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 14 x 14-inch square. Then cut the pastry into 12 rectangular pieces.
9) Place the cut pastry pieces into a greased 12-cup muffin tin, lining bottoms and sides. Prick the bottoms a few times with a fork.
10) Spoon the cooked apple into pastry cups.
11) Bake the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
12) When cool enough to handle, remove tartlets from tin, drizzle with cider syrup and sprinkle with cheese.
13) Serve hot or cold.