- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cheesettes Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated american cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ice water||4 Tablespoon|
|Sliced apples||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5150 Calories from Fat 3687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 430 g662.3%
Saturated Fat 76.9 g384.5%
Trans Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 95.9 mg
Sodium 1188.9 mg49.5%
Total Carbohydrates 286 g95.3%
Dietary Fiber 49.4 g197.8%
Sugars 44.7 g
Protein 82 g164.8%
Vitamin A 27.8% Vitamin C 61.5%
Calcium 114.6% Iron 121.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder together.
3. Put shortening in it and blend with a pastry blender or with two knives.
4. Put cheese and stir the mixture well.
5. Put water enough to knead into smooth dough.
6. Refrigerate the dough.
7. Take the canned apples out.
8. Mix the apples with rind.
9. Roll the dough in pieces of 1/8 inch thickness.
10. Make the round in shape using a 3 inch round cutter.
11. On every half of these slices, put an apple slice.
12. Place a walnut or pecan on it and add little sugar on each.
13. Dampen the edges and fold.
14. Press the edges to seal.
15. Line with pastry wheel and make a hole in the center using a fork.
16. Take baking sheet, arrange the folded slices and bake for 10-15 minutes.
17. Serve in a dish.