- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cheese Salad Recipe
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red cinnamon candies||6 Ounce (small, 2/3 cup)|
|Lemon flavor gelatin||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Sweetened applesauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (canned or homemade)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 package)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Finely cut celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.6 mg
Sodium 434.9 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 46.1 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 0.52%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 0.91%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, soak cinnamon candies in hot water and allow it dissolve. Add gelatin and stir to dissolve.
2) Now, add applesauce and mix.
3) Take 8x8x2" pan and put the mixture in it and chill.
4) Now, fold in cream cheese (room temperature), nuts and celery and add salad dressing.
5) Make a layer on the applesauce mixture and chill until firm and then unmold.
6) Garnish with sugared grapes and serve.