- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cheese Bread Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Tart apples||2 Large, shredded (Pared, Cored)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.8%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.7 mg
Sodium 937.8 mg39.1%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 37.4 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 87.9%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt onto wax paper.
2. Grease 2 (9-inch x 5-inch x 3-inch)
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter or margarine with and electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugar while beating continuously until mixture is light and creamy.
6. Add eggs one at a time into the creamed mixtue and blend well.
7. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients without over beating.
8. Stir in shredded apples and cheese.
9. Pour batter equally into greased loaf pans.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes until loaf leaves the sides of the pan and is springy to tough.
11. Remove from the oven and let cool in pans for 5 then invert onto wire rack and cool
12. Wrap loaf in foil or plastic wrap and store overnight.
13. Slice and serve for breakfast or along with stews, curries.