- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cake Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple||1 , peeled, cored, thinly sliced|
|Unsalted butter||5 1⁄2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla sugar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50 mg16.7%
Sodium 65.4 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, vanilla sugar and baking powder, mix well.
3. In a cup combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside
4. In a large bowl, beat the egg until stiff. Add the softened unsalted butter and continue blending until well combined. Put the sugar and beat well till combined.
5. Pour the flour mixture into the egg and butter bowl and mix. Gradually add the milk to the bowl and continue stirring until well mixed and smooth.
6. Grease a 2 inch non-stick baking pan with vegetable oil.
7. Add half of the batter into the baking pan evenly. Arrange the sliced apples across the batter.
8. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top the apples.
9. Pour the rest of the batter on top of the brown sugar mixture to cover it completely. Spread it evenly. Sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar mixture on top.
10. Bake the cake for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool for few minutes.
11. In a serving plate, slice the cake and serve it with ice cream or enjoy as it is.