- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cake Recipe
|Self raising flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Butter/Half margarine half butter||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Cooking apples||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar/Demerara sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2520 Calories from Fat 1076
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g188.4%
Saturated Fat 74.8 g373.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 516.3 mg
Sodium 2865.5 mg119.4%
Total Carbohydrates 334 g111.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.3%
Sugars 172.6 g
Protein 28 g56.1%
Vitamin A 79.5% Vitamin C 37.6%
Calcium 75.3% Iron 59.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease and line a 20 cm / 8 inch cake tin, which should be at least 4 cm / 1 1/2 inches deep.
2. Sieve flour and salt.
3. Cream butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg and fold in flour and salt.
5. Using a lightly-floured board, gently pat or roll out three-quarters of the mixture and fit it into prepared tin.
6. Peel, core and slice apples and squeeze lemon juice over to keep their color.
7. Arrange overlapping slices on the cake mixture.
8. Heat jam and brush it over apples.
9. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of sugar.
10. Take small pieces of the remaining mixture, roll info strips with floured hands and arrange a lattice pattern over the apples.
11. Let it bake above middle of a warm oven, Gas 3, 325°F, 160°C, for 1 hour.
12. Take cake out of tin on to a wire rack to cool.