- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Cabbage Slaw Recipe
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cabbage||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Red delicious apple||1 , cored and cubed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 622 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.56 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.6 mg
Sodium 191.7 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.4%
Sugars 84.8 g
Protein 18 g36.7%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 264.1%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 29.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, combine together the sugar, flour, mustard and celery seeds. Stir in the milk very gradually.
2) Cook the ingredients over moderate heat, constantly stirring, till the mixture has thickened.
3) Take the mixture off the heat and add the lemon juice and vinegar. Stir well.
4) Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
5) In a large bowl, combine together the cabbage and apple.
6) Over the cabbage mixture, pour the vinegar mixture. Toss well to coat.
7) Cover the slaw and chill it thoroughly.
8) Serve the Apple Cabbage Slaw chilled. It makes an excellent side dish and goes well with almost everything.