- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Breakfast Bread Recipe
|Whole-wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oat bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped almonds||16 Cup (256 tbs)|
|Yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Preferably Non Fat)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 3535 Calories from Fat 2603
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 279 g429.4%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g98.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.5 mg
Sodium 502.3 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.3%
Dietary Fiber 82.7 g330.8%
Sugars 44.4 g
Protein 124 g248.7%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 167.3% Iron 125.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Chop one apple and set aside.
3. Coat a 9-inch tune pan with nonstick spray.
4. Cut the other apple into slices and arrange them around the bottom of the pan.
5. In a large bowl, combine the whole-wheat flour, unbleached flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
6. Stir in the chopped apples and almonds.
7. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg whites, yogurt, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla.
8. Pour the liquid ingredients over the flour mixture.
9. Stir to mix well but do not over mix.
10. Add the batter to the prepared pan and level out the top.
11. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
12. Cool it for about 5 minutes on a wire rack.
13. Run a knife between the bread and the sides of the pan to loosen the bread.
14. Let stand for 10 minutes before unmolding.
15. Combine the preserves and orange juice in a 1-quart saucepan.
16. Heat briefly to melt the preserves.
17. Drizzle the orange juice mixture over the bread.
18. Cool completely before serving.