- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Apple Dessert Recipe
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Apples||6 Cup (96 tbs), sliced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry unseasoned bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 56.2 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 56.3 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 33.6%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the cardamom.
2. Stir in the apple slices and lemon juice.
3. In a 2-quart casserole, spoon the apple mixture and keep aside.
4. In a small bowl, place the butter.
5. Microwave for 45 to 60 seconds at High to melt.
6. Add the bread crumbs and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and stir them in.
7. Sprkinle the mixture over the apples.
8. In the microwave, cook for 10 to 14 minutes at High, until the apples in the centre are soft.
9. Let it stand for at least 2 minutes before serving.