- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Baked Alaska Recipe
|Cooking apples||4 Cup (64 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 507 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 360.5 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 78.5 g
Protein 19 g38.9%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl, put apples, raisins and water to combine.
3) In another bowl, add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to combine thoroughly.
4) Now add the brown sugar mixture to the apple mixture, and combine all together.
5) Use a 2 1/2-quart baking dish to spoon the mixture.
6) Place inside oven and bake for 35 minutes, by occasional stirring.
7) Place inside the refrigerator to chill down properly.
8) Top the baked apple mixture evenly with rounded tablespoons of ice cream.
9) Place is back inside the refrigerator.
10) In a bowl, prepare the meringue by beating egg whites at room temperature. Continue beating by adding salt until the egg becomes frothy.
11) Slowly add sugar to the mixture and beat properly after every time you add the sugar. Beat the mixture until it becomes stiff and glossy.
12) Take out the dish with ice cream topped apples from freezer.
13) Immediately pour the meringue evenly on top. Make sure that the edges remain properly sealed.
14) Increase your oven temperature to 450°.
15) Place the dish inside oven and bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until meringue peaks turn brown.
16) Quickly transfer to the serving platter for immediate serving.