- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple and Walnut Loaf Recipe
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 gram)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Honey/Golden syrup||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Sultanas||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped (50 gram)|
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Ground mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking apple||1 Medium, peeled, cored and chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3069 Calories from Fat 1232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 142 g218.3%
Saturated Fat 65.4 g326.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 666.8 mg
Sodium 3534.3 mg147.3%
Total Carbohydrates 416 g138.6%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.3%
Sugars 210.8 g
Protein 49 g97.8%
Vitamin A 68.2% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 97.2% Iron 90.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 450 g/1 lb loaf tin and grease it or line with greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment.
2) Heat the oven moderately to (180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4).
3) In a bowl, put all the ingredients and beat for 2 minutes until well mixed.
4) In a prepared tin, spoon the mixture and smooth the top.
5) In a preheated moderate oven bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6) Reduce the heat to 160°C/325°F or Gas Mark 3 and bake for a further 20 minutes.
7) Turn the loaf onto a wire rack, remove the paper lining and leave to cool.
8) Wrap the loaf in foil and pack in a freezer bag.
9) Seal the bag, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the loaf at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
11) Cut it into slices and serve.