- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple and Walnut Dessert Recipe Video
|Apples||5 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Frangelico/Amaretto almond flavor||3 Tablespoon|
|Whip cream||1 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 821 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.4 mg7.1%
Sodium 15.4 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g54.9%
Dietary Fiber 35.2 g141%
Sugars 111.5 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 81.4%
Calcium 38% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fill a medium size boiling pot half way with water.
2. Bring water to a boil.
3. Boil apples until they are tender (al dente - firm, not too soft).
4. Pour apples and water into a strainer, drain out water.
5. Place cooked apples in a large bowl.
6. With a potato masher, mash apples so they are a bit mushy, but still chunky.
7. Pour in lemon juice, Stir.
8. Add in cinnamon, walnuts, brown sugar and Frangelico or Amaretto. Mix.
9. Serve applesauce in a pretty dish, cup or glass, hot or cold, topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!