- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple and Quince Tart With Honey and Hazelnut Creme Fraiche Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram, Plus A Little Extra, Melted, For Drizzling)|
|Quinces||2 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Caster sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Ready rolled puff pastry||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Apples||3 , cored and thinly sliced|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
|Hazelnuts||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram)|
|Creme fraiche||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
Calories 1539 Calories from Fat 801
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.3%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g77.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123 mg
Sodium 304.9 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.5%
Sugars 67.8 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 82.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 36.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat your oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2) In a bowl, stir honey and hazelnuts into the creme fraiche. Set aside.
3) In a pan, add 25g butter to melt. Add chopped quince and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes.
4) Add half quantity of sugar and a splash of water to cook for 4-5 minutes or until the ingredients become tender.
5) Remove the pan from heat. With a hand blender, puree this to smooth.
6) In a greased baking tray, place puff pastry. Brush with egg yolk and prick with tip of a knife.
7) Spread the quince puree over the pastry and arrange the apple slices in vertical lines on top.
8) Drizzle with honey and sprinkle remaining caster sugar on top.
9) Place this inside the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
10) Remove the tart from oven and cut into 4 parts.
11) Drizzle little melted butter on top and serve with a spoonful of the creme fraiche alongside.