- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple and Peach Souffle Recipe
|Cooking apples||1 1⁄4 Pound, peeled, cored and sliced (575 g)|
|Canned peach slices||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can, plus a few extra)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Caster sugar||10 Ounce (275 g)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange flavored liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Double cream||3⁄4 Pint, 150 ml/1/4 pint, stiffly whipped (450 ml)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4320 Calories from Fat 2122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 236 g363.8%
Saturated Fat 23.9 g119.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1348.1 mg
Sodium 551.7 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 478 g159.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.4 g93.6%
Sugars 437 g
Protein 72 g143.6%
Vitamin A 118.4% Vitamin C 88.6%
Calcium 33.8% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 1.5 litre souffle dish, tie a broad strip of waxed paper, slightly higher than the dish, around the outer surface of the dish.
2) Lightly brush the inner surface of paper with melted butter or oil.
3) In a pan, add the apples and 6 tablespoons peach liquid, poach gently until the apples are tender.
4) Allow to slightly cool, then puree with the drained peaches in an electric blender or food mill, or rub through a sieve.
5) In a heatproof bowl, add the egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice and set over a pan of gently simmering water.
6) Beat until the mixture is thick and creamy, then remove from heat and beat until cool.
7) In another heatproof bowl, soften the gelatin in water.
8) Set the bowl in a pan of hot water and stir over a low heat, until the gelatin has dissolved.
9) Allow to slightly cool, then stir into the fruit puree, and beat into the egg mixture along with the liqueur.
10) In a bowl, beat both the creams together, until slightly stiff, then fold into the fruit mixture.
11) In a bowl, beat the egg whites, until stiff and fold into the mixture.
12) Spoon the mixture into the prepared souffle dish and refrigerate, until the souffle set.
13) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze the souffle until firm, then pack in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
14) Garnish the Apple and Peach Souffle with the peach slices and rosettes of whipped cream and serve.
15) If using the frozen dish, unwrap and remove the paper collar, then thaw in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours. Serve as indicated in step 14.