- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple and Hazelnut Galette Recipe
|Hazelnuts||3 Ounce, shelled|
|Caster sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Rounded Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Dessert apples||1 Pound (Pippin Variety)|
|Smooth apricot jam||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange peel||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2282 Calories from Fat 1063
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.1%
Saturated Fat 48.2 g240.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.9 mg61%
Sodium 275.2 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 290 g96.8%
Dietary Fiber 27.9 g111.5%
Sugars 147.5 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 49.4% Vitamin C 132%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the shelled nuts in the oven at 350°F or Mark 4 till the husks can be rubbed off.
2) Keep aside a few whole nuts for decoration and put the rest through a small cheese grater or mincer.
3) Soften the butter and combine with sugar and beat till light.
4) In a bowl, sift the flour with a pinch of salt and stir into the mix with the prepared nuts.
5) Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6) For the filling, peel, core and slice the apples.
7) Add in a pan with apricot jam and grated lemon rind.
8) Gently cook till soft and then add orange peel, sultanas and currants.
9) Allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
10) Divide the pastry mixture in two, and put each piece on a lightly-floured baking sheet.
11) Roll the dough into very thin 9-inch diameter rounds and place in oven for about 10 minutes at 375°F or Mark 5.
12) After taking the rounds out, trim the edges and cut one round into eight portions.
13) Slide on to a wire rack and cool.
14) Cover the pastry round with apple mixture and evenly spread and the cut the portions on top.
15) Sprinkle icing sugar.
16) Serve with whipped cream, or dollops of cream on each portion. Top with whole hazelnuts.